View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
In a quick check, it seems that moderators always have odd karma, and ordinary members always have even karma.

Are the ones I've seen just a coincidence, or is the low bit being used as a moderator flag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Purely coincidence with those you've seen (see poobear, pilotbob, Alex, natch). It's true I am odd, but that's totally unrelated.
Must be coincidence, as Marc says. Some of the moderators (I think, I saw HarryT) have even and some of the members have odd numbers.

I have noted my change from odd to even depending on newbie karma givers. When I've helped a very, very newbie, either on forum or through PM, they will find a post of mine and give karma thanks. This seems to happen only with the very, very new members. Once they have more posts, it doesn't happen. Humm, I may have to check if this really is the reason. I just had noticed it and thought that was the reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
The MathsMan, SuperStats himself, has arrived! I humbly prostrate myself before MR's statistical guru, the only man who has ever been so willing to enter the dense dimensional labyrinth of MRMaths and come out with answers that achieve practical probabilities approaching pragmatic principles. I'm not surprised, though I am tickled, to see you turn up.

Cheers,
Marc
on the bow.

Hi, nrapallo!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote