View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #55
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
I've said this before, so sorry if you already read this.

Ms. Rowling was opposed to HP ebooks because she said children don't own readers and she wrote the books for children.

I guess back when she said that it was true and a valid argument. Now the reader availability has shifted. Many own readers now or color readers/tablets.

Considering that a lot of Mobile Readers start with their smart phone and later upgrade to something a little larger, and considering that teens and tweens are some of the biggest consumers of smart phones and other gadgets, this probably just goes to show that just because someone managed to strike a vibe with the market via their fantasy book doesn't mean they understand a darn thing about technology trends or demographic buying habits.

At any rate, the version I've always heard is that she's afraid of piracy, which just makes her even MORE out of touch because that ship sailed 12 hours after the book series was finished.

Saying she doesn't feel the need to make her books accessible to adults (why not???) would lead me to assume that there's no "big print" versions of her books, which are usually marketed to older audiences. I very much doubt those haven't been created -- the "but these are for kids, no adults allowed!" argument smacks of an after-the-fact justification that makes less sense than her piracy reason.

Last edited by anamardoll; 06-20-2011 at 04:59 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote