View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #217
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
I'm wondering if the colour perception is somewhat divided by gender. I seem to recall reading that women have more colour receptors in the red spectrum than men do. Please forgive me if I have gotten this completely confused as it has been some time since I have read about it.
It's certainly true that red-green colour blindness (by far the most common type) is far more common amongst men than women, affecting around 8% of men and only about 0.5% of women. The reason for this is that it's carried by the X-chromosome, of which men have only 1, but women 2, and a woman will only suffer from the condition if both her X-chromosomes have the genetic defect.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote