View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
Gotnoteeth
Gotnoteeth began at the beginning.

Device: literari & android tablet
Anybody still using a Literari? Need advice!

Literari help needed: saving books & firmware

Hi everyone. I just joined this community. And already need advice.

I got this literari as a gift maybe 3 years ago. About a year ago someone downloaded about 100 books on it for me. But when I tried to upgrade the firmware, I kept getting error messages so I gave up and put it in the draw. Well, I finally took it out again.

But now it isn't even connecting to the wifi (maybe the battery is still just too low) - luckily I saw an old thread on this topic that said you can upgrade the firmware using an SD card instead of downloading directly -which is brilliant -but I am wondering if anybody has an updated link to the most updated firmware since that link was posted back in 2011?

My next question is whether you know how to remove books that are on the literari and store them - initially I bought a flashdrive but I see there's no USB port which I hadn't noticed before. Then I thought I could just transfer them to a cheap Android tablet I just bought - but having the same no ports problem with that. Also I looked at the Literari's instruction manual which says it doesn't copy books stored on an SD card into its internal memory so I figure that also means the reverse is true - I can't copy the books already downloaded on it to an SD card.

Would really appreciate help because I'd hate to lose these books if the literari goes down or I have to do a reset and I'd also like to be able to read them on my new device once I figure out how to use that!
Gotnoteeth is offline   Reply With Quote