View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, you mean you just want extra-large margins on the first screen of text ? this would be easy to accomplish in html / epub except for one thing : i am not sure how to apply dynamically the effect only to the first screen of text, since the quantity of text could change depending on font-size, screen-size, etc.
I believe this can be accomplished in ADE ePubs by using the page-template.xpgt file. This lets you set up various master pages that can then be programmaticly applied to the text based on various rules (a multi-column view for screens over a certain size, for instance). One of the books I was looking at that used the page template had increased top margins for the first page/screen in a section (each section/chapter being a different html file). There's no reason why it couldn't use increased side margins for the first page instead.

Last edited by Abecedary; 07-21-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote