View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #63
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
So the summary of Apple's arguments are:

"We didn't do anything wrong because this is the way we always do business."

"We're Apple, we're good, we hire a lot of people in the USA so we didn't do anything wrong"

"We didn't conspire because our negotiations were very tough and they would have been much easier if we were conspiring."

"Steve Jobs was very confused when he wrote that draft email and he never sent it. He later corrected him self in an earlier draft of the email which he also never sent."

"We weren't the ring leader in this because B&N earlier talked to the publishers about the same idea."

"If you punish us it will send shivers through other businesses that want to rig a market so they don't have to compete on price while allowing publishers to conspire to artificially raise prices at the expense of consumers."

Sounds iron clad to me. The judge will obviously rule in their favour.

I was actually disappointed in the DoJ case. I think they could have done a much better job. I don't know why they didn't bring in the Walt Mossberg video from the iPad launch where Steve Jobs told him the prices would be the same, all prior to the publishers telling Amazon.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote