View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #710
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I'm not entirely sure... (what was that bist beast about again?) - but if you managed to repartition it - shouldn't your device be back in a state where you can use USB downloader mode? Give it a try with mfgtool or imx_usb_loader and the fastboot.bin u-boot (found inside the mfgtool download). If you're lucky, this will get you into fastboot mode where you could flash the debrick kernels and ssh-enabled diags partition, and then you could reboot into diags. Or did I miss something?
"bist" is the second-stage U-Boot, which is loaded by ordinary, first-stage U-Boot. bist U-Boot is bigger than ordinary U-boot and bigger than OCRAM size, so it can't be loaded right after restart. Initially, ordiinary U-Boot (which is loaded into OCRAM) initializes DRAM, then it loads bist U-Boot into DRAM (<later EDIT> only after explicit request from ordinary U-Boot console accessible through serial connection or from setting value of idme variable bootmode to fastboot etc. </later EDIT>). bist U-Boot is more featureful (that's why it's bigger). For example, fastboot mode is included into bist U-Boot, but it's not in oridinary U-Boot.

BTW, I think you're right and loading of fastboot.bin (through USB downloader mode) should work as usually.

Last edited by eureka; 12-22-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: new knowledge
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote