View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #19
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
I think this image says it all:

If this is really what Amazon has in mind (and again, I'd like to see it from a better source), then clearly someone at Amazon (which probably means Bezos) has lost their g**d*mn mind. It almost loses more rationality with every retelling.

The idea of a 180 degree viewing angle is particularly comical. Who in the hell cares if you can make out the screen when it's at eye level? Does anyone use a computer that way? Does anyone read that way?

Not to mention the fact that to me, Amazon coming out with a tablet makes about as much sense as Nike coming out with a brand of ballet shoes.

It depends, I don't think they would be abandoning the Kindle. I think it would be a move very similiar to Barnes and Noble and it would be expanding their product line. Hmm BN's nook must sure be in Amazon's radar

1. Nook drops to under $200 Amazon responds by droping the kindle to under $200

2.. Nook announces a wifi only . The Amazon responds by announcing a wifi only model as well.

3. Nook has "LendMe" feature. Amazon a year later adopts the LendMe feature.

4. Nook has the ability to check out Library books. Amazon caves in and announces they are working with Library's to deliver this.

5. Nook has a color LCD ereader Tablet. Amazon looks to be jumping into the ereader Tablet.

I think the number of nooks sold to Kindles sold is alot closer than people think. That's alot of responses to a product that the Kindle is supposed to be destroying.

But to address your comment on Amazon entering into the Tablet business makes as much sense as Nike selling ballet shoes.

Actually out of all the companies out their Amazon makes THE MOST PERFECT sense in jumping into the tablet market.

Nobody has a better overall ecosystem than Amazon. Not even Apple.
Amazon VOD
Amazon MP3 store
Amazon Cloud Service
Amazon's Android Market
Kindle eBookstore

All of these trump Apple's iTunes and iBooks. If anyone should be getting into the Tablet business it's Amazon.

I hope they do full blown Tablet and not a Nook Color rip off. I think Amazon has way to many assets on their side to just create an a color eReader Tablet. It would be like wasted talent.

Last edited by boswd; 05-10-2011 at 09:56 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote