View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes, but it's not as big as Napster was in its golden days (and it didn't offer legal stuff only at that time either!). It is as he writes, right now, it's hardly worth the trouble. But what if the prices rise spectacular or books just won't be published?
The more I digest of Chris Anderson's book (Free: The Future of a Radical Price) and the more I experience of the culture around me as it grows, the more convinced I am that selling any digital product will become frankly impossible in the future. Writers are going to have to pair free digital downloads along with something of value made of atoms if they want to survive (this goes for publishing companies also). Books will always be published, maybe more now than ever before because of the ease of digital publishing. You won't need a Napster if everything is free to begin with (approaching that state ever more rapidly).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote