View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
Ah, well. This is not very surprising. Now it will be interesting to see how long "The Book" continues to dominate the AugenUS homepage, and I think I'll continue to bug Mark-the-Tech-Guy about updates to make e-pub hyperlinks work. It's my duty as an assertive consumer.

All things considered (especially, price), it's not a bad e-reader -- I've read several books on it, and had some fun playing around with the wifi and media player features. It's teaching me what to want and expect (and avoid) in my next multipurpose device.

I'm also glad that we did get the two updates, because it gave us a complete backup to and installation method for the system software. If some enterprising third party developer comes up with alternate firmware, TB owners will be able to try it with little risk.

Oddly enough, "The Book" looks strikingly similar to the Sharper Image's new "Literati" e-reader with an MSRP of $159. I guess hope springs eternal in the e-reader market.
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote