View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #1247
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
French hyphenation

I am a new Koreader user.

The user can select between two options, that is @algorithm or @none to provide hyphenation or not. However, the former end result is only so-so with French language. Too many words are cut in the wrong places and this disrupts the reading flow.

Opening Koreader, I can see in /data/hyph/ some .pdb files which contain, at least for French, scant information. A sophisticated Greek.pattern file exists.

On Kobo last year, I experimented a massive improvement in hyphenation installing a hyph_fr.dic file of 26 ko. Could these kind of files be used with Koreader?
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyph_fr.dic.zip (8.4 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by roger64; 06-15-2014 at 05:41 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote