View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
There is a known bug in the Adobe engine with PNGs with less than 8 bits per pixel. See the reader test for example:

PNG Support: 2-bit and 4-bit PNGs have problems, they show spurious hatching in gray areas.
Thanks so much, Jellby. I missed the test file completely when it came out, and look forward to running it on my ereaders. Would you be willing to take suggestions to add other features from time to time?

So far as I know Kobo ereaders don't use ADE, but Sony T1 and T2 do. So I still don't understand why there is a difference between the T1 and the T2, or (to put it another way) why the display on the Kobo is very similar to the display on the T1, and both are different from the display on the T2. My wife is away from home at the moment, and has taken the family camera with her. When she gets back at the end of the week I'll try to upload some photographs of the displays.

Last edited by AlexBell; 09-23-2013 at 02:27 AM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote