View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I quit using Messages on my Mountain Lion Mac Mini long ago. It just seemed dysfunctional half of the time. It should check for new messages fairly often, as do my iPhone and iPad. But I would often not see an SMS appear for hours after the other devices had it. All three devices are on the same WiFi network, BTW. And it would fail to send SMS replies quite often. What's the purpose of having Messages on the desktop Mac if it doesn't work? It is quicker and more reliable to just use my iPhone.
Mine actually seems to work quite well, and, interestingly, is more likely to receive the message before my phone does. Odd. It does screw up mightily at times, though, and you see it rearranging its messages, because somehow they got to be out of order.

I was using Whatsapp instead for a long time, but as my friends have gradually switched to iphones, its become unnecessary, and I think now there are only 2 or 3 friends with whom I regularly SMS who don't have an iPhone so.. meh.

I definitely HATE that they have moved books out of iTunes though.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote