View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, no dictionary support in ePub 3.
Thanks for the quick info. It is an unfortunate conspiracy of Amazon paying off the inventors of epub to create a big format war and thus boosting the Kindle even further. You don't need to put in a dictionary standard, look at all the time you save by not having to implement lookup if you create a reading-app. I do hope that Amazon did not actually do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
So, right now, all you can do is either setting a different interface language for your device or keep copying/deleting the relevant dictionaries to/from your Odyssey.

I agree that automatic selection of the dictionary + possibility to manually change it would be a better option.
I did send Bookeen a request to put that manual support in - on the blog. But it is "awaiting moderation". See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Oh, if you have to check the blog
Checking the blog is unfortunately useless. It is moderated and posts won't show up unless somebody from Bookeen approves. The last comment was from me, and I did sent another one a few minutes later specifically asking how we are supposed to report our findings on the beta-test. I failed to see that they forgot to mention that. With it beeing a open beta-test the blog seams highly inapproriate, IMHO. Bookeen needs to get feedback on it. It is an easy way out to say it is a beta-test and then ignore complaints that it does not work right (but hey you did know it is only a beta-test, right?). I have never seen any beta test where the company does not appreciate feedback and even encourages it. I am sorry Bookeen, if you cannot handle thousands of people sending the same issue in multiple times, then you should not have made it a open-beta. Limit the number of beta-testers to a small number, give them access to a forum so discussions are possible, and then after the first major issues are solved, move on and increase the number of beta-testers or make it public.

I do believe that there is a high number of people interested in the beta-test that just wanted a dictionary.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote