View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #121
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiver View Post
I noticed that places like mobileread and gutenberg have the full collection of M.R. James' Ghost Stories of an Antiquary, More Ghost Stories of an Antiquary, and A Thin Ghost and Others - but not the collection A Warning to the Curious, and I don't think that all the remaining stories from The Collected Stories of M.R James are available either. I have not been able to find the e-texts; yet all stories were published prior to the author's death in 1936 and the U.K's life+70 would make the stories available for public domain in 2006 - if I understand copyright rules correctly.

I'm just surprised that I haven't found the e-texts available anywhere online that I've searched. Is anyone working on a mobipocket edition to round out the rest of James' stories or is there a true copyright reason why they aren't available.

FYI: A Warning to the curious, available on this site, is just the short story - not the collection of stories.

Michael
I've managed to piece together whe whole collection, and have now uploaded it.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote