View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #158
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I don't get any "huge spaces" between words myself, Purple Lady. Looks like you disabled hyphenation? Try switching it on -- hyphenation works pretty nicely (though by no means flawlessly) in Moon+ Pro.

The spacing between words might especially become an issue on a tiny mobile-phone screen, or if someone uses huge fonts... but for me on the 2013 Nexus 7 screen, that is no problem. As shown in the Moon+ screenshots I posted to another thread, books in Moon+ Pro look really fabulous in immersive mode on the 2013 Nexus 7.

As to the troublesome books you mention... the first really isn't a book, as you say. Converting a newsfeed to EPUB is likely to result in trouble of some sort or another, I'm afraid. Calibre is superb software, but its conversion capabilities still leave a lot to be desired in some workflows. Calibre is particularly awful for converting PDF to EPUB -- the result is practically unreadable. Of course, it doesn't make sense to be converting PDF to EPUB, anyway... But, in those rare instances you just need to do it, I have found it's better to launch my ancient, defunct Mobipocket Reader on my Windows PC, and perform the PDF to EPUB conversion there -- the result is still awful, but incomparably better than the same conversion when performed in Calibre.
Here's what it looks like with hyphens on. Still large spaces on some lines and 5 out of 12 lines that reach the end are hyphenated - too much for me. I have the font size set to 24 and the system is set to large which makes the fonts in Moon bigger. With the system size set to normal, I need it set to 28. To me that's not a huge font.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386544079940.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	116421  
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote