View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
go to preferences>metadata plugboards and create a plugboard

The one I use appends the series and series number to the authors name, some prefer to append it to the title.

Fields as follows
Format: epub
Device:Kobotouch
Source Template:{author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}
Destination Field: authors

This requires resending the books for it to work as it writes the series to the book itself when sending. It does not affect the books in your calibre library.

You can also use

Fields as follows
Format: epub
Device:any device
Source Template:{author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}
Destination Field: authors
Which may not require resending books

I think automatic management must be on for it to work preferences>sending books to device and save template {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

Also the Kobotouch driver plugin must be configured for the shelves to work.
Mine is configured to send only epub, delete empty bookshelves,create bookshelves
with columns #genre, series. #genre is a custom column of my own so wouldn't be suitable for you. authors or author_sort should work but not sure.

This may look complicated but should take less than 5 minutes and the result is worth it.

And you are not dumb, plugboards are not that obvious to a new user

This thread has a better but longer explanation
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192863

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote