View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #172
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
I seem to have an annoying problem. It only occurs with pdf files though and not even all of them.

Every day I use Calibre (on OSX 10.6.4) to download a number of news feeds and sync them to the ipad Generally early morning. This works fine.

I also use calibre to transfer ebooks and pdf files to and from the ipad, again this works.

However, frequently (and by no means everyday) when I look at the ipad (and itunes) a lot of the pdf files (say 20 or so out if 25) have disappeared. They no longer appear in itunes or ipad. They are still there in Calibre and I've done nothing.

I do use Calibre with other devices, eg Sony and also have an iphone but don't download books to the iphone. The disappearing pdf syndrome doesn't necessarily occur after I sync with these devices anyway.

I'd say 80% of the time things get left alone, but then for no reason I can determine, the pdfs disappear.

Any ideas? I've tried a number of settings in itunes but it still occurs, as far as I can tell, randomly.

Howard
Are you using the recommended 'Connect to iTunes' approach as described in the first post in this thread?

G