View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
In fact, having a wiki just dedicated to the Mobi 8 format with actual C and python code samples that shows exactly how to parse things would be quite useful.
I want this.

@baf, can you lead or participate in updating technical documentation of MOBI format basing on your fresh knowledge?

I can help with that (though with slow pace) or can do it on my own. I can read Python and C, so knowledge hidden in KindleUnpack/libmobi code would be accessible to me. But undefined license of KindleUnpack and LGPL of libmobi are pretty restrictive for me, because I also have a desire to write another mobi library (someday), but with MIT license, so I'm trying to hold back from reading KindleUnpack and libmobi code.

@baf, can you relicense your library to MIT? @KevinH, can you (and all your contributors) explicitly set KindleUnpack license to MIT (or, better, CC0, given that you've expressed your neutrality to license choice sometime ago)?

I know, I'm asking too much, but I couldn't restrain myself from taking the opportunity.
EDIT: I see now that KindleUnpack is GPL3-licensed and libmobi is derived from it, so, I guess, no luck for me here.

Last edited by eureka; 06-27-2014 at 10:19 PM.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote