View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #29
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Ah, that may be the differance. I do switch it off. Though it's not supposed to use much power, maybe it does.
Well, if you design it for having good battery time (like the Bebook and the txtr reader) you will get it. The time I measured was without using the Cybook, just having it on. For me 30s or more startup time is to much for occasional reading during the day.

I would guess that the battery time the Cyook have is what you get if you do not optimize for battery time at all and just program the device with the applications you need with the most straightforward approach.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote