Thread: MobileRead September 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^I think we will end up getting a nice free-for-all list out of challenged books and I think it will be a lot of fun gleaning lists for ideas. Based on those.

Already, the book two book clubs have read at least two that I know of. Slaughterhouse-Five and Lolita.

There are some crazy brilliant writers and titles on the list: The Sun Also Rises, The Grapes of Wrath, Rabbit, Run, The Handmaid's Tale, Beloved, As I Lay Dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Green Eggs and Ham (1960) Dr. Seuss Novel In 1965, the children's novel was temporarily banned in the People's Republic of China for its portrayal of early Marxism. The ban was lifted in 1991, following Seuss' death.
Marxism? Am I missing something written between the lines of being a picky eater?

Allen Ginsberg's Howl looks interesting considering he went to trial for obscenity.

In case no one has posted this link yet or mentioned it:
ALA's page on banned and challenged books
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote