View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #65
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
@Geekmaster and/or ixtab:
Is there any advantage to install the mmcblk0p2_ssh image diags version 5.1.0. instead of the 5.0?
And is the PW for 5.1 still mario? I had to change my RootPW after having updated to 5.0.3. and it is still the one I changed to.
If you want to upgrade to the new diags partition with SSH pre-installed, you can, but there is no good reason to do that other than personal preference. Although the main system diagnostics program changed, I did not notice any visible differences, and both the data.tar.gz and my new unreleased jailbreak methods still work. I upgraded the diags_ssh at the "simple debricking" thread first post to this new (factory) 5.1.0 diags partition (with SSH pre-installed, and password changed to "mario"), so you can download it from there if you want to upgrade to the latest version.

The 5.1.0 firmware upgrade does not modify the diags partition, and the new diags partition only comes on new kindles. Only five of the whitelisted files changed, as shown in my earlier post here:

All diags images I have seen come from the factory with your "fiona" password. I changed the diags PW to mario by copying an old mario DES hash to the shadow file, when I added the missing dropbear files for SSH.

NOTE: You cannot disable diags from the exit menu until you create a missing folder and file on your USB drive. This is done automatically if you select the first menu item.

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-15-2012 at 02:52 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote