View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Ah, Roxy - I went through the same dilemma as you!!! First, I was going to buy in-store at Chapters - then I called a bunch of them and found out that quantities were going to be limited (even in November), and all of the managers I spoke to said I should pre-order online. So, then I went to the Chapters website and saw 1-2 weeks till delivery on their website + could not use the $10 off coupon. Ugh. Then I bit the bullet and ordered on the Kobo website. Yeah - I am not thrilled about having to mail the thing back if there's any problems, but I bought the $40 silver protection, so I don't have to pay for any shipping. I still will have to WAIT if the thing is defective...but I probably would have had to anyway (since there are limited quantities). I think there's no good answer here.

I do know someone who said they were able to pre-order one and have it delivered to the store, but I think you may have to call Chapters to order, as I did not see a way to do this on the Chapters website...they did not give an option for store pick-up when I went through the check-out process (I tested it, since I figured this would be faster...then I gave up and just ordered to have it shipped to me through the Kobo website). I would love to pick up at Chapters, because I get stuck picking up all packages at the post office anyway - and Chapters has better hours than my post office!!!

Try calling Chapters to see if they can do the order and have it shipped to the store...that may work.

Good luck! It will be interesting to see just how long these are delayed (I just ordered mine yesterday, so I suspect it will be shipped on Nov.4).
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote