View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #14
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
... then they say that there will be a raffle held from all ticket holders for only certain ones to attend the book signing
From what I have heard there is no such thing [anymore] as Mr. King sitting behind the table in a book shop with a long queue of people bringing books to have them signed.
He sells pre-signed books (for significantly more than they cost un-signed). In your case it might be that he won't be selling those but a raffle would select who receives signed book.
If you think about it, when a relatively unknown author comes to a store to do a book signing, relatively few people would show up. If Stephen King announced that he would be signing books somewhere, the queue would be miles and miles long.

I might be wrong ...
I *hope* I am wrong ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote