View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #34
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
Here's an emphatic "No" to tapatalk.

Tapatalk may be "free" for the forum to install, but it is "paid" for by the forum's non-tapatalk users who then have to deal with the constant annoying tapatalk spam/pop-ups. Why should the forum's non-tapatalk users have to subsidize this addon for those who do want it? Simply by searching for "tapatalk popup" on google will show how widespread this problem is.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...tapatalk+popup

The existing mobileread mobile site works fine and doesn't prejudice one set of users for the sake of another.

In short, please don't degrade the forum experience for one set of users simply to add a "feature" for another set of users.

Troy
I've had TapaTalk since January and haven't dealt with a single popup. And no one is saying take the mobile site away. They could always have both since the mobile site doesn't seem to require much upkeep.

I don't care that you don't want TapaTalk since in the end it's not up to either of us but the forum admin but I find it silly and melodramatic to call adding a feature degrading. You don't like it, don't use it.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote