View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #30
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
went ahead and installed the duokan's firmware.

Every operation has a shortcut attached to it, so there's hardly need in the joystick and you can operate your Kindle more efficiently.
You can switch from the duokan's firmware to the original firmware back and forth.

indranet's translation was quite a help but still I felt myself kinda handicapped and could not test the firmware extensively (in the meantime, a couple of additional items have been added to the menu and settings not mentioned by indranet).
Just flipped through a couple of pdfs, djvus, epubs and chms.
All worked quite nicely, with page turning not slower than in the original firmware for pdf files.
On the downside, some pdfs come over as having thicker letters than in the original firmware, which I did not like. I can imagine you could make some adjustments in the duokan's settings but I could not test it, being completely ignorant in the Chinese.

Overall, I like it more than the original firmware and look forward to the English/German/Russian/French ... translations of the interface.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote