View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Who Needs a Publisher?

I didn't see this anywhere, so I thought I'd toss it out.

Newsweek recently ran an article, Who Needs a Publisher? that highlights the experiences of three authors self-publishing at Amazon, including thriller writer JA Konrath, who claims to be pulling down $100,000 a year from his self-published books, and Boyd Morrison, who became the first self-published author to be picked up by a major publishing house (The Ark, published by Simon & Schuster in May).

Quote:
According to a recent Bowker report, the market for “nontraditional books” in the United States grew by more than 750,000 new titles in 2009—a 181 percent increase over 2008. Five of the top 100 bestsellers in the Kindle store—which now produces more sales than Amazon’s hardcover list—are currently self-published.
Future of publishing, or just hype?
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote