View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Berzelius
Connoisseur
Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Paperwhite 2 & Sony PRS-T1
Why all the spans in rtf to epub conversions?

If I use Calibre to convert a rtf file (originally a docx file) to an epub one and then look at the code view of the epub file in Sigil I find it is full of what seem like superfluous span tags. A typical format is:

<span class="none1">text text text</span>

Quite often it will simply split a word, for example the word "to" is split here:

. . . it is beginning t</span><span class="none1">o mean . . .

I'd say that, without exception, every paragraph contains at least one example, often many more than one.

It doesn't seem to have any effect at all on the text as read, I'm just curious as to what is going on.
Berzelius is offline   Reply With Quote