View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #21367
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Coke Zero in my cup.

I cooked the fast-breaking supper last night. Chicken soup with matzo dumplings, followed by rice with chicken & cashew nut stir-fry. I'm pleased to say that the dumplings turned out really well - I was slightly worried that I might lift the lift and find it had all turned into a thin gruel .
I remember the matzo ball soup my grandmother used to make... heavy as a bowling ball on the spoon but light as a feather in the mouth! Nice memory. She kept Kosher except for once or twice a year when she would have what she called 'sea chicken' (lobster.) About 4 1/2 feet tall, hardly spoke any English (it was all Yiddish) and boy could she cook! Married at age 14....

I'm having an afternoon cup of Yorkshire tea and snacking on a package of fake crab legs. The whole package is only 110 calories and almost pure protein. A nice relaxing day...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote