View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #610
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The problem was with Calibre. I did not realize I had to save the books. Without doing that nothing would have worked.
This is not true. Why post such misleading statements?

Again: the problem is with iTunes only, not with Calibre. Like I've written twice already, you do NOT have to save to disk from Calibre in order to read Calibre's EPUB books in Marvin. I've been loading EPUB books directly from Calibre's folders, without saving to disk, ever since Marvin first came out. This has always worked flawlessly.

The only reason it didn't work for you, is because you insist on using iTunes, needlessly inserting iTunes in between Calibre and Marvin. It's iTunes that requires you to "save to disk" for the copying to work, not Calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedkitten View Post
If you don't buy all your media from the iTunes music store, you are still going to need iTunes for some things.
I don't think so. Can you please elaborate as to what those "some things" might be?

Again my experience: if you use an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch in 2013, you don't need iTunes for anything at all.