View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Chandrakumar
Chandrakumar began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hi Friends, here is a newcomer

I am not a youngster as most of you are. My age is 65 and is a senior citizen of India. At present located at a City in the southernmost part of India.

A couple of days before, my son gifted me a brand new Kindle. This has instigated me to join this forum.

Blogging is my passtime. I spent at least a couple of hours daily for blogging in my native laguage which is called Malayalam.(UTF-8).

Before my son returns to New York I want to confirm from you friends, whether I will be able to read all the contents of the posts of my fellow bloggers in UTF-8 in Kindle. If not possible, I have to return the device through my son. There is no kindle wireless service in my area, which I do not mind. I can easily convert the UTF-8 blogs into pdf format. All I want now is to transfer those pdf files to the Document folder in Kindle in a suitable kindle format.

I had sent some of the saved pdf files to myname@free.kindle.com for conversion, to whcih I am told that conversion is not possible by them. Hence I am approaching you for help. I can continue the membership of this forum only if I am able to use my kindle for reading blogs and for the music files. Music files in MP3 is not a problem for me.

In the circumstances, kindly advice me as to how to convert my pdf text files in UTF-8 format into Kindle compatible format.

If your advice is in the negative side, well and good, I can return the kindle immediately. My son returns to N.Y by 22nd of this month. --- thank you.
Chandrakumar is offline   Reply With Quote