View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #13
winspiration
Connoisseur
winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

But, more surprising the book made people out to be so delicate. After the above "incident" the girl was out of her mind and catatonic for days. Have we just become stronger mentally in the past 70 years?
I thought that she was affected as much (if not more) by the echo in the caves as the actual incident, as was Mrs Moore also, but the other characters didn't seem to notice (or show any interest in) how much she had been affected also on the day, only that she had become more irascible. Adela did also suffer physical damage on her journey down from the caves - sunstroke and colliding with cacti.

Overall I enjoyed the book, and found some of the descriptions of places very evocative. My favourite of these was Mrs Moore's train journey to Bombay. It was a little disjointed in places though.
winspiration is offline   Reply With Quote