View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #53
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
In addition to what has been said about "control over the beta test:"
I think it makes sense for Google to want their beta testers to stay the way they have been previously selected according to the test’s requirements.
Whether that should lead to banning is another matter.
And especially since Amazon, in whose Kindle platform I am invested, might do it, too, but I think that really also depends on the prospective earnings they could make off of you. If I bought one ninety-nine cent book in 2007 and had since been buying books, stripping them, returning and loading to my Kindle, I could imagine them banning me (especially if I didn't order anything else from them). If I did that with every one in ten books I bought (or maybe returned one in five books just because I wasn't interested) and bought some other stuff as well, they might not care at all...
Likewise, if one of the well known tech journalists decided to sell his Glasses now, Google might probably still benefit more by not closing his account than doing... same goes for when the Glasses are finally mass-market... If I were using a couple of Google services, buying the occasional app in their app store, my account is much more valuable to them open than closed, even if I'm not a heavy spender...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote