View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
saniko
saniko is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Same boat! I've got a macbook air and I can easily say that working with the iLiad is better than working with the Sony PRS-505.

Follow the NOOB guide to installing applications in the Illiad Software board here. I purchased a 4GB CF card to work with my iLiad and I've installed a few apps:
1. FBReader - have not found a use for this but it was in the guide.
2. iPDF version with bookmarks (also does fullscreen). Hold the up arrow button to turn on or off the menu in the iLiad PDF reader for screen real estate. there is also now a bookmark function in the menu! Practice using the zoom to section, continous page functions in the reader. It's frustrating at first but then it becomes perfect for all the PDFs out there!
3. Notes templates from the forum. Great to scribble on... they really just use iPDF and and allow you to annotate and bookmark.
4. download the iLiad scribbler java program that is mac compatible. Allows you to combine annotations with the PDFs you write on.

Haven't tried anything else yet. Remember that there is a reset button on the back of the iLiad if all else fails.
saniko is offline   Reply With Quote