Thread: RSS Reader
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #10
pusher
pusher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantoie View Post
If you get this working with IFTTT, can you describe how? It sounds like a nice solution
Yes, I got it working. Now, I am loving my Kobo even more.

Another tip. Let's say I am on a bus, I can turn on Internet sharing on my smart phone and then connect my Kobo to my phone. Sync. Bam! I can read all my feeds on the Kobo anywhere I go and my eyes won't complain.

1) Sign-on with Feedly and have all your feeds in there. You can create categories (i.e. lifestyle, news, etc) and organize your feeds in there. Set everything up the way you like it.

2) Sign-on with Pocket.

3) On your Kobo, go to Settings > Accounts. And then sign-in to Pocket. You can sync just to make sure there is no error.

4) Sign-on with IFTTT. Then follow the wizard to setup your "Recipes". For the "This", look for the Feedly icon. For the "That", look for the Pocket icon. Just follow the wizard as it's very simple.

For testing purpose, you can setup a recipe that would trigger when you subscribe to a new feed; and then subscribe to a feed. Then at your computer's browser, refresh your Pocket account to see if you get any. It may take up to 15 minutes for things to trigger.

5) If you can see the feeds on your Pocket account; then on your Kobo, sync the Pocket app and you should see your feeds.

Note: Make sure you confirm or verify the accounts from those services by clicking on the verification link from the emails sent to you. Not sure if it matters, but just in case they are required for the services to go smoothly.

Good luck.

Last edited by pusher; 01-12-2014 at 07:32 PM.
pusher is offline   Reply With Quote