View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I was worried that the u-boot was not stored on the sd-card, so flashing a non-working bootloader could brick the device. It doesn't seem to be the case
Just to confirm this, on my Glo u-boot is stored in the unpartitioned first 10MB of the micro SD card. I tried flashing freescale's prebuilt android u-boot onto my Glo's SD card, and it caused my Glo to refuse to boot. It was easily remedied, however, by putting the micro SD card in my computer and using dd to flash a working u-boot back onto the card.
Code:
dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/sdX bs=1K seek=1 skip=1
I tried to get the u-boot prompt to come up on my Glo, by placing an SD card with nothing on it except for u-boot into my Glo and connecting with serial cables. The prompt comes up, but I only have about 10 seconds to run commands before the board automatically shuts off. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the board from turning off by itself?
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote