View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #16
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Quick question: I have good experience of developing with Qt, but for Symbian/MeeGo and Desktop under Windows. How easy is it to set up a virtual machine and develop for M92?
Hi catharsis.

I cannot speak for Windows (no experience setting up the SDK there), but for Linux, it is fairly easy, if you're not afraid of using a shell (check out https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox...re_development ).

You'll save yourself trouble compiling for x86 by developing in a 32bit environment (a couple of packages cast pointers to integer :P ).

VM: E.g., download the Nokia Maemo Development VM (Ubuntu Linux) as a basis, and use it in VirtualBox. (I do not actually use the scratchbox environment for the M92, though) In Ubuntu, you can install missing (x86) packages with either the synaptics package manager, or with aptitude, or with apt-get.

Cheers.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote