View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #139
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
My only thought is that as mentioned previously on this thread there is a perception rightly or wrongly that it can be "scary" to convert a file. Which if I didn't offer a way to remove it you are still forced to do.
If you were able to reuse the 'edit xpgt' code already used by calibre convert you could just edit the xpgt in-situ rather than doing a conversion. I do it all the time - not reuse calibre code - but I do my own simplistic edit on the 2 left/right margins I want to reduce. Calibre nukes them all I think.

The drawback would be that because the xpgt is still there it wouldn't be obvious whether it had already been "neutralised".

[Edit: sorry I was too slow Emptying the file sounds easier. It's an XML rather than CSS file, if it makes any difference.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-02-2011 at 06:49 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote