View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #21
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
This thread worries me...

I never paused to ask myself what would happen to my +1000 books if the database got corrupted. I would never start again fine tuning everything if it happened to me!

So I just started making backups - metadata.db is just under 4MB, not a big deal.

But - suppose I had to restore it due to corruption, and in the meantime I've added some books to my library, how does it work? I will find myself just with the new books missing (not a big deal) or with metadata.db completely unable to make sense of my library?

alessandro
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote