View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Amazon seems to be raising the ante

I have a regular routine for shopping on Amazon...I see a forthcoming book I am interested in, add it to my cart, and then hit 'save for later'. Every Tuesday I check the cart to see what's been released and then order any Kindle versions that are also available. At any given time, my cart can have as many as 40 books or more in it.

So this morning I was sorting through the cart and realized that all of a sudden, fully HALF of the books can be preordered for Kindle. I am quite sure that was not the case when I added them to the cart. Some of these are books not due out until next March or April! (The next Jim Butcher 'Dresden' book is one of them).

I think it's very interesting that Amazon has suddenly managed to nab so many ebooks for early ordering. Mind you they may also show up in the Sony store, but that Kindle preorder button is sooooo nice, just hit it and when the book is released it will be sent to my Kindle.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote