View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:13 AM   #34
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyuki View Post
Hi all. In promoting my 'need' for another e-reader to my wife (looking at a Pocketbook Pro 912), i knew i had it sealed. It was perfect, no chance of tangental counter arguements, just plain and simple

I read books, that's what i like to do. I can add my own imaginative interpretations to the written characters and surroundings. I can escape to whatever time and or planet the book takes me to. I can experiance untold levels of immersion.

My wife watches soaps. This i know is the daily staple of many, and i would not wish it otherwise. If the person who watches soaps enjoys them then where's the harm. By stark contrast I generally don't watch TV because of the mind-numbing plot similarity between them. Can someone explain why everyone is so miserable in these programs. It makes me miserable thinking about it even now

Anyway. As i said, i had the perfect solid reason for my need of a new reader. My reason was i argued, it's no problem having an expensive flat screen TV which only my wife uses, but purchasing an expensive reader is a problem.

The outcome i must now admit, was expected. There was a total failure to prove the point. I somehow got lost in the logic that was used against me. Perhaps i need to start reading stories involving complex court cases because really, i thought i had nailed it

Back to the drawing board i guess

Regards
I read this or something similar.

"Don't argue with idiots.
They take you down to their level,
and beat you with experience."
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote