View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #14
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
I think I'm spending much more time actually reading, and much less time looking for something to read. But I kind of miss the thrill of the hunt, so to speak. I miss disappearing into the stacks at a used bookstore and resurfacing with a nicely-priced copy of Kierkegaard or P.D. James or Tolstoy or some other author of interest. And an added bonus, I knew my dinner guests would see these books on my bookshelves and know something about me--that I like philosophy and mystery and Russian literature. And I would smile and organize my shelves at home and feel fairly well-satisfied in my books. This doesn't happen anymore.

Has this happened to you all too? Do you still spend hours hunting for books and cultivating your shelves? Or do you now just tap, "Add to Wishlist" and grab it when you have the funds and the time?...
Same here, but I have to say, I am quite happy about this. I am about to move in two months time and I will use the oppurtunity to chuck out a load of books. Travel lightly... e-reading has been a blessing to me. I like books, but I also like free space and I don't like carrying and storing them.
These days, I only go to bookshops when looking for a present. When it comes to books for myself, if some title is not available as an ebook, I will wait and get something else meanwhile.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote