View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #271
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What use is a credit card number to anyone? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to do anything with it, you also need to know the expiry date, card holder's name, security code, etc, don't you?
You could pose the same question about each of those pieces, and if folks attitudes are that no individual one needs to be protected, then it's that much easier for a bad guy to get all of them.

If three people each have one digit of a three digit combination, and each one thinks "what harm if someone gets my digit, it's useless without the other two" then I merely have to chat up all three people to get the combo.

If you're reasonably careful with everything then the bad guys have a harder time getting anything.

Take care of the pennies, and the dollars will take care of themselves, and so forth.

I'm sorry, what was the thread topic again?

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote