View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #16095
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Dana Stabenow & Carolyn Keene (Mildred A Wirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The Haunted Bridge was a fun read. Touch of the Demon was quite exciting and also a lot different than the previous 4 novels in the series in that the detective aspect was missing which was because 98% of the story took place in the demon realm. I missed the cop stuff, and hope the series gets back to earth sometime soon. I'm looking forward to the next novel which has an the end of the year estimated release date.

Now on to another Tom Corbett story, The Space Pioneers, the 5th selection in the Tom Corbett Omnibus by Carey Rockwell. Also I'll be reading The House of Silk A Sherlock Holmes Novel by Anthony Horowitz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
The Conan Doyle Estate gave Horowitz permission to write another Sherlock Holmes story and he did a good job. The author researched Victorian London extensively and it made the story come alive. Not as much artful deduction as the originals and the language was somewhat modern. Did they say "that's right" in 1890 London? The ending was not a complete surprise. A red herring and shocking revelations round out this title. Rated C [3 stars].
The Space Pioneers, the 5th selection in the Tom Corbett Omnibus was a very enjoyable read.

The House of Silk A Sherlock Holmes Novel by Anthony Horowitz turned out to really have the feel of a Conan Doyle Holmes tale and I really got the feel of the environment and the characters. The story was very interesting as well and had some real surprising twists. With the exception of the Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King I've stayed away from the Holmes-by-other-authors stories, but I'm sure glad to have read this one!

Now on to another Nancy Drew Mystery, The Clue of the Tapping Heels (Nancy Drew #16) and Bad Blood (Kate Shugak #20) the latest by Dana Stabenow!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote