View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #442
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois_C View Post
Nice feature, but I'm afraid it would bring new severe bugs, as they have not even able to fix the issue (that appeared with v2.0) about displaying the cover of the current book...
When the Kobo boots up, it (tries to refresh the books database. If, meanwhile, it has to display the last book's content, I think it will crash or become unresponsive even more often than now...
So, please, first fix the current bugs, try to optimize algorithms for some more speed, but don't bring us new bells and whistles...
Personally, I say yuck. I want to watch the device boot so I know it is working.

But, it would be easy to handle at code level. They just need to use the same name for the page image all the time.

As to the cover image bug, you are wrong. The Kobo developers have fixed it each time. They have just found another way to break the cover display. I can't wait to try 2.4.0 to see what clever way they broke it this time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote