View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpearl View Post
I have a Kindle Keyboard with ver. 3.3 firmware -- latest one I know of.

Recently I've been using the Calibre plugin tweak test_mobi_output_type = 'both' when converting ePub files to Mobi. The results are mostly much larger mobi files -- nothing more.

I know that Amazon's been porting their newer books to KF8, having re-downloaded some of my older purchases and seeing the new format and fatter files. But for the conversion purposes I mentioned, can anyone tell me the advantage given my Kindle model?

Thanks.
Mobi does not support all formatting styles etc that epub does so converting from that to mobi you loose some things. If you are deleting your epubs after you convert I think you would be better of keeping your current settings. Currently your reader does not support kf8 but you might upgrade.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote