View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't know the answer to 2) (I don't use BT), but I can answer 1).

There is no way to do traditional file sharing without first getting root access on the device, and that is not possible at the moment. However, if you're willing to install the sshd package I put together, you can use a client like Filezilla to access the ereader's file system via sftp (secure ftp) and WiFi. @abijah gave instructions on how to set that up in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=27.

Of course, you can also just use the command-line tools sftp or scp to copy files to and from the ereader without Filezilla.

Edit: With new firmware versions, you should use the username 'sreader' rather than 'reader' when connecting to the ereader.

Last edited by rkomar; 02-02-2013 at 01:38 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote