Thread: css question
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
The idea that by virtue of being a "professional" one can no longer call on that same said generosity seems to me a bit draconian.
That's not what's being suggested. Of course a pro can run into a snag and needn't feel weird about asking for advice. Happens all the time. But they usually stick around and reciprocate. I'm also not trying to convince others to not help the OP or others like him. If you're so inclined... by all means have at it! I just personally don't feel inclined to help someone fleece a client (by misrepresenting their skill set) when it's quite clear from previous posts/questions that they don't have a grasp of the most basic of knowledge necessary to build an ebook... let alone charge someone to do so. It seems a few others feel the same.

And if they're clever enough to pretend to be strictly amateur in their knowledge-seeking, sure...I'll help and be perfectly satisfied that my personal sense of propriety has been met. But they're never that clever. They don't have the time. They dip their toes in and then it's bye-bye until the next problem that's holding up their paycheck.

Everybody should, of course, use their own conscience in this regard. I'm perfectly comfortable with my reasoning.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-14-2012 at 09:11 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote