View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
Quote:
  • Q: What format does the Sony Reader handle?
    A: Books: BBeB / PDF / Text / (Microsoft Word - PC Application does the conversion for the hardware from Word to Text), Pictures: JPEG, Audio: MP3

• Q: Can I get news or blogs?
    A: The store will integrate the ability to select any news or blog feed in the Really Simple Syndication (RSS) format and quickly and easily convert them into Sony's BBeB format for quick and easy transfer.
I was hoping that a couple of initial reports from CES (C|Net, Popular Mechanics), that included HTML in the list of supported formats would eventually corroborated. Too bad.

What that about "the store" being the source for RSS feeds? Does this imply you have to use the Connect store rather than getting the feeds directly from their respective sites? Even if free, I could do without that kind of centralized distribution. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote