View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I can understand where you are coming from. Everything from Christmas to thanksgiving is overhyped nowadays (get rid of every holiday for that reason some would say). Too many people try to take something special and make a quick buck off of it. Capitalism...heh.

However, the day means something a little different to me. In my opinion Valentines Day is a lot like mother's day. A day that even though they deserve the entire year and even though every store is trying to sell you a “world’s greatest mom” cup we take a few genuine moments of honest reflection and express our deepest love regardless on how full of crap the rest of the world is.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote